Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

paleo chocolate chip banana muffins.

Overripe bananas. Nobody likes those. So what do we do with them? We bake with them. I shouldn't be saying "we" because there was no "we" involved in this kitchen adventure. It was me. Katie had studying to do.

For those of you who DON'T know, I absolutely LOVE baking. I like cooking, but I'm really not as good at that as I am at baking. Don't get me wrong- I'm an amazing cook (or so I've been told), but baking is like my knock 'em dead card. It doesn't matter if its cake or cookies or cupcakes or muffins or whathaveyou....I freaking LOVE baking.

So today I decide to make banana muffins because the bananas are turning black and they need to be put to use. Now, Katie and I aren't eating bread so obviously I had to go with a paleo recipe. Now, if you know anything at all about eating paleo, then you know that it can be difficult to make yummy treats while sticking to the paleo (or paleo-ish) diet that we are on right now. Ever since I cut gluten out of my diet when I moved here, I have never felt better. I had a cheat day on my birthday but that's okay. Other than that, I've pretty much stuck with the whole gluten free, paleo-ish diet. We are kinda scared to go off the deep end and just go full on paleo. What can I say? I like chocolate. A LOT. And I highly doubt that chocolate is paleo.

I ended up finding an amazing recipe....on Pinterest of all places. It was one of those ones where someone blogged someone else's blog or something like that, so I had to go through three hyperlinks just to get to the actual recipe. Annoyance.


http://gfrealfood.com/2012/01/21/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/

The main satisfaction that I gain from baking is not delicious yummies. My satisfaction stems from other people enjoying the fruits of my kitchen labors. When someone's sweet tooth is satisfied because of my baking, then all is right in the world. 

I hope you guys try out this recipe. If you do, let me know how they turned out for you! We love to warm them up in the microwave and then smother them with butter, because....you know that's so paleo. I'm partial to coconut oil though. :) 

Happy baking, my friends!!!! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment